Thursday, July 26, 2007

Writing Meme



Fellow friend and blogger Sabrina Fox tagged me with this super-cool meme that took me down good ol' Memory Lane.


1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?


Hmm, I think I'm writing it now. Every time I've had a desire to write a certain book, I did. Trust me, my ideas don't roll in fast enough for me to have a dream project on the backburner.


2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?


LOL, see Tuesday's post. I'd love to work my way through the pile! But having an entire day to read is fiction in itself.


3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?


My grandmother's portable typewriter. When she told me I could have it, I knew it was my life's mission to be a writer. Then a week later my parents bought me an electric typewriter. Am I giving away my age?


4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?


As we all know from my Speed Reading post, I'm slow. Nowadays I probably read 2 books on a good week. I used to read 4, but now I write more than I read. Oops, I guess the question was books per month...OK, 8.


5. What's your most favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?


That's easy, my laptop. Love it love it love it.


6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don't read historical fiction--shame on you.)


The height of the Roman empire, ala Mark of the Lion series, by Francine Rivers


7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?


Eighth Moon, by Betty Bao Lord. It's a non-fic about a young girl living in China under Mao. This book impacted me more than anything else I read as a child, and if you have a chance, get it!



Now here's the part we've all been waiting for, the tagging. Because I'd love to read all of your answers, please do the right thing and tag yourself. Then let me know so I can visit :P

7 comments:

Kaye Dacus said...

Mine will be up on Saturday.

Jennifer Tiszai said...

Sabrina tagged me too, so mine's up if anyone's interested. I think this was one of my favorite memes so far. I mean, who doesn't like talking about books and writing? ;)

Erica Vetsch said...

Mine's up. :)

TwistedCandles said...

Mine's up too! That one's fun. I haven't done very many writing ones.

TwistedCandles said...

Of course you may have some plot bunnies!

It's a fan fiction term. I just love it.

Mary said...

I loved the Mark of the Lion series too... :O)

My answers:
1)Haven't allowed myself to think too deeply on this b/c I might just give up on my revisions...the lure of a new story, ya know?
2)An entire day to read: I have 3 books in my TBR pile right now, but I've really been wanting to justify re-reading an old favorite by Kathleen Norris, Belle-Mere
3)First writing instrument besides pen and paper--My HP desktop
4)Books read in a month--I am a speed reader, but I read so much less now with blogging and writing. I'd say 4 books probably?
5)Favorite machine? I'd love a laptop, but don't have one! So I'd have to say my desktop computer!
6)Favorite historical time period: Auld Scotland as in Liz Curtis Higg's series Thorn in My Heart
7)Book from my youth: Mandy by the actress Julie Andrews, what a great book, and only .01 cent at Amazon.

Georgiana D said...

.o1??? You've got to be kidding me!

Add to Technorati Favorites