I confess--I'm swooning over the hero in my own book as I write. My heroine put it quite eloquently: how dare he look so masculine and lovable all at the same time. Not that he won't screw it up in a few minutes, but for now he's got my attention--I mean, my heroine's attention. It's one of those scenes that makes me say, "Ahh, now that's what I'm talking about."
The great thing about writing (one of the great things, anyway) is that you can build your own hero exactly as you know a man should be. The trick is not whacking your own significant other with a pillow to the head when he doesn't match up to your fiction! Poor guy, wouldn't know what hit him.
Here are 5 random facts about my hero:
1. He almost made it to the Olympics, but bombed the trials.
2. He's the most easy going person I've ever written, which makes him the perfect complement to the uptight heroine.
3. He likes to wear Sponge Bob T-shirts.
4. He loathes having his picture taken, but for the heroine he'll make the sacrifice.
5. He makes blueberry muffins for his mama.
Your turn. Five random facts about your hero!
P.S. My hero doesn't really look like Fabio =P