Monday, October 03, 2011

FOREVER FAITHFUL

To be honest, I'm not much of a tissue reader, and therefore haven't read as much Karen Kingsbury as many people. But when I saw the trilogy available, I jumped on it. Several years ago I read Waiting for Morning, and I wanted to see whatever became of the characters. Let's just say, I REALLY enjoyed the next two books--A Moment of Weakness, and Halfway to Forever.

It took me a while to see how A Moment of Weakness tied into Waiting for Morning, but I finally figured it out, LOL! I thought some of the dialogue was stilted because I don't know anyone who uses that much scripture when talking. BUT, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen ;) Also, there were several coincidences in order to make situations come together. That said--WOW, the story itself is great. It goes to show that a gifted storyteller can make you look past the writer-ly stuff and lose yourself in a fictional world.

As for Halfway to Forever....dangerous book for a hypochondriac to pick up. LOL! I almost didn't read it, but so glad I did. The hope that God offers was on every page, and it ties all the story lines together quite nicely.

All in all, I recommend the trilogy for anyone who likes family drama and relationship stories!

To get your copy, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites