Monday, January 23, 2012

I CONVERTED!

I never thought it would happen to me. Thought I was strong enough to withstand the subtle lure, the temptation, the HYPE. But no....one unguarded moment caused me to stray from the only way I'd ever known, and I was reeled into the addiction of an e-reader.

Ha! Made you nervous, didn't I ;)

After my birthday, I was the proud owner of a shiny new Nook Tablet. At first, I thought sure, I'd get a few books, but would mostly enjoy having the gadget for web surfing purposes and playing games on the run. Then it hit me, book by book, I actually enjoy reading on this device! The ease of holding it in one hand and turning pages, etc make it more convenient to read that a physical book. Once I rooted the Nook (after many long, arduous hours of research) I also enjoy using it as a tablet, and it's become an amazing substitute for my laptop. In fact, my laptop never goes on unless I am doing List Hostess work or writing. (And typing this blog post, LOL.)

While I still enjoy physical books--especially those I will want to pass to my kids, or non-fiction which I like to mark up, underline, and slather with Post-its--the majority of the books I will purpose will be electronic.

How about you? Have you joined the craze? What do you like/not like about e-readers?

3 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

I do! I did! I resisted for a long time, but then I got a Kindle and WHAM! I'm in love!

I can now believe the truth that people who have e-readers actually buy more books. I know I have, because it's so easy to click and buy. I have to be careful!

Brittanie said...

I got a Nook Tablet for Christmas too. I am surprised at how much I like it. I still buy paper books too. So far only free books are on my Nook. :)

Georgiana said...

Erica, they make it waaay too easy to get our fix!

Brittanie, I have a vast array of freebies too. Who knew there were so many to choose from?

Add to Technorati Favorites