Thursday, November 08, 2012

A REAL TREAT!

A Bride Sews with Love in Needles, California by Erica Vetsch is a real treat! The heroes and heroines Erica creates fascinate me, and this is no exception. You see, they aren't just emotionally/spiritually flawed--they also have other imperfections just like the rest of us making them easy to relate to. Prior to reading the book, I'd never heard of a Harvey Girl and the description of the heroine's duties and life made the story come alive! The way real historical events and people are interwoven with the lives of the characters makes the reading ever so much fun. Watch out for special "guests" in the story :)

On a personal note: congratulations, Erica, on another winner! You are so super sweet and I wish you much success, dear friend :D

Blurb:

When her brother is injured fighting in France, Meghan enlists her fellow Harvey Girl waitresses to sew a Red Cross signature quilt to raise money for wounded doughboys. Local horse breeder Caleb McBride longs to join the battle, but the army won’t take him. Because he has kept his shameful infirmity a secret, the townsfolk have labeled him a coward and war profiteer. When Meghan uncovers his malady, her poor opinion of Caleb unravels. Can this beautiful seamstress find a way to mend his heart?


Bio:

One day a few years ago, I turned to my husband and said, "I don't know if you know this, but I spend an awful lot of time in my own head." He patted my hand and gave me his this-is-not-news expression. I had just verbalized something my parents, teachers, friends, children, and spouse had known about me for years.

Though I have set aside my career teaching history to high school students in order to homeschool my own kids, my love of history hasn't faded. My favorite books are historical novels and history books, and one of my greatest thrills is stumbling across some obscure historical factoid that makes my imagination leap. I'm continually amazed at how God allows me to use my passion for history, romance, and daydreaming to craft historical romances to entertain readers and glorify Him.

Whenever I'm not following flights of fancy in my fictional world, I'm company bookkeeper for our family lumber business, mother of two terrific teens, wife to a man who is my total opposite and yet my soul-mate, and avid museum patron.

GET YOUR COPY HERE!!! And if you haven't visited Erica's blog On the Write Path, it's time to head over for a visit!

2 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

:) Thanks so much, sweet friend!

Georgiana Daniels said...

The pleasure is all mine!

Add to Technorati Favorites